Friday, September 18, 2015

After the Vigil

Kord here. This is just going to be a brief run-down, just because- well- O'Zalia already said most of what I was going to say. He kept it concise and he kept it brief. I'm just going to write down what I think, since, well, Isaac can read my mind anyways, there's no point keeping it from anyone, either. All I'm going to say is, I understand why Isaac wouldn't like the idea of the Backer and him being one and the same, and I'm not even going to write it down further. This case is already treading on bloody eggshells, and I honestly don't want to get into a spat with him. I'm not stupid, between the two of us, he's the far superior and I don't want to piss him off and end up working this case alone.

In the end, all we got was more incentive. I don't know who the Backer actually is, but if he's not what he sounds like then we have a nice third party representative here now, too. Let's see- Daemons, stalkers who really shouldn't quit their day job, and the Backer. If the stalkers aren't associated with the Backer himself, which would make sense, or, by some twist of logic, Alagarus itself. I highly doubt the latter for obvious reasons.

But again. More incentive. Not enough knowledge. We still have a name and a general idea of its M.O. and we know it transforms and uses claws. That's a lot more than we started off with, yes, but there are still too many loose ends. I might be a goddamn idiot in comparison to O'Zalia but dammit I know better than to walk in guns blazing now. It took me about a year of Servant and Demi-God hunting, but I learned my lesson.

We're locking the money in the motel room safe- with the exception of just enough to pay for another week extension and some food- but right now we have nothing to do but talk and figure out where Alagarus might be or how he could be drawn out.

I'm getting tired of just hiding out, and old me would have just thrown a party with nobody but competent fighters involved, but let's get real here. Most of O'Zalia's teammates are out doing whatever. His friend Daniel and his friends are doing things. Most major players are out and otherwise indisposed so that's not a viable plan and to top it off that's a very risky plan with too high a possibility for casualties. That's a post-escape Kord plan. Not good.

Now let's just get this clear. I am an idiot. But I'm a self-aware idiot. Distinction.

Screw it, I'm gonna go find a coffee shop. I'm just gonna go ask if Isaac wants anything and then I'm gonna head out. Hopefully neither of us get followed by those people. Though, I mean honestly the best way of following us would be to track us by our blog... shit, that actually may be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment